Todd took pictures of cars...

...and helicopters...

...and the old steep banking among other things.

I took pictures of the amazing food offerings - who has fancy stuff like this at a freakin' car race???

Check out the espresso machine. I guess this is Italy after all.



This is how I roll at F1. Nothing but class.


We popped up to Como after qualifying on Saturday to check out the city where Elena studied abroad in college. Lovely!



Race Day!!! While we are not usually Ferrari fans, when in Italy, it's best not to go against the home team.

Waiting for the train to Monza at Milan Central Station

These Ferrari fans are nuts. Can you fathom how big that banner is?

And then they added a ginormous Italian flag next to it which you can see over my head.

Like I said, these fans are crazy.

WHY IS DAVID HASSELHOFF HERE??? And why do they keep showing him on the big screen? I think he's trying to get KITT in the race - "Hey guys, I have this great car which I think would do well here. It talks." Sigh.

I had no idea that the way you get your really expensive camera up to the viewing platform was to attach it to a rope and have a dude hoist it up.

It's good to have an umbrella when you are that high up.

Overcast days are MUCH cooler and way more comfortable.

The woman on the corner reading her book is making me jealous.

Todd on the track after the race.

The Hoff AGAIN.

These guys have gone to several Grand Prixs together over the years, as noted on the back of their shirts. I need to find Todd some friends like this. Email me if you're interested in joining the group. I'll buy you the cool shirts with your name on the front.

No comments:
Post a Comment