The Case of the Disappearing Mini
It was a cool, sleepy, Saturday morning when I got up to go out for the morning paper. I decided to go through the garage. I opened the garage door, and before I could blink, it bolted out of the garage like a lightening rod! After I came to from the shock and thesurprise, I ran out onto the driveway. Lo and behold it was gone! All I managed to glimpse was a long, fiery trail lingering off Route 114 in the direction of Interstate 95! I ran back into the house, grabbed my wife and plunked her into the Taurus, jumped inside and took off in the direction of the fiery trail! After a short distance, the trail disappeared! Panic filled my mind! All I could think of was, "What kind of a carkeeper am I!" How was I going to explain this terrible event to my daughter and son-in-law? Lo and behold, my chemist training kicked into full gear! All those years of smelling chemicals and getting high in the lab paid off! I suddenly detected the smell of sulfur and ethanol in the air gushing by! Wow, I thought, Firebolt must have turned on its afterburner! I was right! The telltale trail appeared before my very eyes: hot, molten, smoldering rubber tracks turning onto the highway! Partial calm returned and I pulled myself together and followed the smoldering rubber tracks. In the meantime, my wife was beside herself saying, "How could you have done this to our daughter and son-in-law"? They trusted you! Well, you me, it was not easy! All I could think of was that I had better find this crazy, half-size, pain in the neck thing of a car! If I didn't, I feared that my wife, my daughter, and my son-in-law would probably disown me!Well, as Shakespeare wrote, "All's Well That Ends Well", the whole thing had a good ending! And the truth about the whole thing was that the Mini was backtracking to whereit last remembered being with Laura before coming to Maine! Wow! What a memory and nose for trouble!
Now, please see the attached pictures for the rest of the story (photo titles also provided by Dad)
Visit to Mem & Pep's Farm
At Least I'm Bigger Than Something
Herding Sheep in New Hampshire
Mingling with the Furry Quads
A Colorful Blend of WoolIs This What Life Would Be Like In New Zealand?
Molly (the dog) Herding the Mini
Off to Seek Their Fortune
Huevos Rancheros de New Hampshire
Chief Huevos Inspector (Pepere)
Mega & Mini Huevos
If you would like Denny Barrantes to watch your car and provide you with similar HILARIOUS stories (see also Firebolt Doing Well in Maine), just email me and I'll provide you with his contact info.
No comments:
Post a Comment