Monday, May 24, 2010

Firebolt Doing Well in Maine

I know several of you have asked about Firebolt and volunteered to care for him during our year in NZ.  Firebolt's sitters, the Maine branch of Barrantes Tour & Travel, send us regular updates and they are hilarious!!  Enjoy.

May 19th

Firebolt wanted me to let you know that he will be okay, and that he will miss you.  He was reassured by your hugs this morning that you will not forget him, and that you will come back for him.  He asked me to take him to work today in order not be alone at home fretting over you.  Well, don't  worry.  I/we will take good care of your Firebolt while you are gone.  We will give him a nice and  cozy place in the garage.  On really cold nights, we will consider putting him in the living room near the fans where he will be warmer.

May 24th

Firebolt is doing just fine!  After two consecutive  days of prancing all over the town of Scarborough, and knowing very well that every Tom, Dick, and  Harry were keeping tabs on him and the driver, I/we decided that he needed to cool it a bit, so we put him away in his new home/garage for a while.  He whimpered a little today as I went by him on my way to church.  When I returned from church, I discovered that there was a note on his windshield (see attached picture), so I stopped to look.  He immediately beeped at me then asked me to please forward the message to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment