Monday, May 24, 2010
Greatest Invention Not Used in America
Vanessa gave me (what I later realized was) a fabulous birthday present - a hot water bottle, commonly known as "the hottie." Yup, to me it initially sounded like a gift from the 1800s for use in the 1800s, but how wrong was I? It's the greatest thing ever!! Put a little hot water in it, put it in your cold bed on a wintery evening (it's winter here peeps) and ta-da! A nice warm bed! Kiwis have used them their whole lives, and I understand why! They are a GREAT invention, and I plan on starting a hot water bottle craze in America upon our return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had one growing up, though usually for sore stomachs and other body parts (not really necessary to warm up a bed in SD).
ReplyDeleteThen again, my mom's an import.
we have one too from when i lived in Israel! Americans just dont know about these cool things. Its also great for stomach aches.
ReplyDeleteMy mom used to have one too. I think she used it for neck pain. Wow I haven't seen it or even thought about it in many years.
ReplyDeleteI just started reading your blog...The hot water bottle in the winter is fantastic. It's a life saver in my all electric house. I save money and stay warm at night! I will back your movement when you return to the states.
ReplyDeleteI'm probably the "mom" age -- but as a child we had multiple hot water bottles to keep our feet warm or to use when we didn't feel well. It's interesting -- I haven't heard about them in years and years!
ReplyDelete