Friday, June 18, 2010

OUSA Outing to Aramoana

Today some of the OUSA staffers and student workers took the afternoon off to do a pub crawl/site-seeing trip to Aramoana as a send off for a departing student worker.  Yup, my US-based student affairs brain almost exploded, but we had a lot of fun.

We took the OUSA van and drove out to Aramoana, one end of the entrance to Dunedin harbor.  If I had jumped in and swam east, I'd eventually hit South America.  You'll see it on the map below close to the upper right, about two o'clock.



We walked out to the tip of Aramoana (very similar to the rock wall at Pine Point Beach for those of you familiar with our Scarborough, Maine beach).

During our walk, we had to watch out for sea lions/seals. I thought we were looking for them in the water, but we were looking for them along the wall o' rocks! And when we found one, all the Kiwis were like 'Be careful!,' 'Don't get too close! It will attack!,' and 'Don't get between it and the water - it will chase you!' I have never seen an attack sea lion/seal, but I went with it.





Here are some pictures.  The view was AMAZING, and something I would highly recommend for those of you with an upcoming visit to Dunedin.







For more pretty pictures, just click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment