Togs: bathing suit, used in the singular or plural
You must wear your togs in the pool.
I have several different togs, some for the beach and some for the pool.
I went to water aerobics (aqua aerobics) this evening with a new friend from curling, Kathy who is Canadian but has lived in NZ for 10+ years. The coolest thing about aqua aerobics is that they take place in the Physiopool. The physiopool is 35 degrees Celsius which is 95 degrees Fahrenheit - it's lovely!! It's (almost) like doing it in a hot tub, but a smidge cooler so that you don't feel like you're going to die.
The demographics of the class are about the same as they would be back home in the States - about 20-30 women all except a handful between the ages of 40 and 85. The instructor is great and worked our asses off. I should be a bit sore tomorrow which means I probably did it right tonight. :)
The only truly hilarious thing was that while we were using pool noodles, the same noodles we use in the States, but after the instructor said it about 20 times and I still couldn't figure out if she was calling them noodles or not, I asked Kathy to translate. "She calls them 'woggles,'" Kathy said with a smile.
Woggle: a pool noodle, at least according to the aqua aerobics instructor - I've yet to determine if this is an NZ-wide term.
Love it.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL to the woggles. I bet the aqua aerobics in the hot water is like doing hot yoga..kind of?
ReplyDelete