Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thunderpants are go!!

"Thunderpants are go!" is the subject line of the email telling you that your order of the best underwear on the planet is in the mail and on its way to you.

Thunderpants are New Zealand designed, New Zealand made, New Zealand genius.  Their website aptly describes them as "The original comfy , stylee undies that don't go up your bum!" and let me tell you.  That description is true, true, true.

Vanessa has been a loyal Thunderpants wearer for years and gave me my first pair when I arrived in NZ as a birthday present.  She describes her experience with Thunderpants as follows:
"I have been a loyal wearer of Thunder Pants for 10 years.  I still have the first pair I bought.  I now own 15 pairs of Thunderpants and love them all.  Wearing Thunderpants, I can take on the world.  The comfort is the first priority, but being accompanied through my day by robots, cowgirls and Russian dolls makes the world a brighter place to be."
It took me awhile to come around (because I'm an idiot), but I have seen the light!I have 16 brightly colored pairs of my own and love wearing them.  They SERIOUSLY do not go up your bum and are so comfortable.  I dread the days when they are all in the laundry, and I've got to revert to my non-Thunder collection.  They come in original and hipster.  You can pull originals up to your belly button if that style works for you, but the hipsters are cool as cool can be.
These are 'Original', but I've got this same cute pear print in hipster!
We are spreading the word.  Katie, on of our DC pals who came to visit in January for our Kiwi roadtrip, bought a pair and loves them.  Todd, not wanting to be left out, bought himself a few pairs, and is also a fan.  (Funny story - Vanessa, Todd, and I all have 'Salsa Rockets' patterned Thunderpants.  Vanessa's a red, mine are blue, and Todd's are yellow.  Luckily for you, we will not post a picture of all of us in our matching Thunderpants.)

Some of flat 229E's Thunderpants hanging out on the line.
While they are a bit more expensive than average pair of underwear, they are built to last forever.  Vanessa has had some pairs for 10 years, and they are still going strong.  I highly recommend trying these puppies out for yourself!  (Don't worry.  They ship internationally.)

No comments:

Post a Comment