In anticipation of the arrival of yet more Americans to our fair city who we will be tour guides for, we finally found a time for Vanessa to show us Dunedin's glow worms. Who knew glow worms were real?? Not me, but seeing them was super cool.
After about a 15 minute drive and a 5 minute walk, we were surrounded by what appeared to be softly glowing whitish-blue Christmas or twinkle or fairy lights (pick your country's term). These glow worms are unique to New Zealand. They are found in caves, grottos, and damp river banks.
Although we don't have fancy enough cameras to take pictures of how cool it is, I found some online that aren't from Dunedin, but that show what they look like. Pretty cool, eh?
If you come to Dunedin, I'll show them to you personally!
Friday, December 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm telling you...black water tour + glow worms = super fun experience!
ReplyDelete